Blog marketing is easy and very effective if you know what you are doing. Marketing your blog requires patience, and being consistent. Here are 11 great tips to use when trying to get your blog out there and get new readers.
1. Make sure that your blog has the trackback feature. When you have the trackback feature on your blog, you are allowing other people to link to your blog. Maybe someone has a post to post on their blog that is relevant to one of yours. They can use the trackback to your post, and send their readers to your blog so that they know what they are referring to.
2. Have a Sitemap. Having a Google account and submitting a sitemap is almost a must when you are blog marketing. Doing so will allow Google to know how often you are updating your blog and they will automatically know of any changes that you have made to it as well.
This will let Google get those new pages indexed faster and get them into search results much quicker than if you did not have the sitemap. There is a certain way you have to do the sitemap for Google, and they can explain that to you. Just know this is an important step in blog marketing.
3. Exchanging links with authority blogs and websites that are in your same market is another great way of marketing your blog. The authority sites are going to have a higher page rank, and will also be listed high in Google’s search results.
4. SEO for your Posts. You are going to want to be sure that all of your posts are formatted. Doing so will leave out any confusion for the search engines and you will have everything nice and all organized. The label tags are there for a reason when you are dealing with blogs. So using them and not leaving them out is a great idea.
5. Blog Tracking. Tracking is another part of blog marketing that is so very important. You want to be able to track your visitors and clickers to know where they are coming from. You want to be able to tell what keywords they searched on to find your blog and where they did their searching. Doing so will help take out all of the guesswork when it comes to blog marketing. You will know what keywords are working, and which are not.
6. RSS Feeds. Allowing RSS feeds from your blog is also another great blog marketing tool. You are going to find that when you allow RSS feeds, your blog is going to end up all over the internet with a link back to it and that is a good thing. This is a wonderful way to get links to your blog with little or no effort. People that subscribe to your blog’s RSS feeds are able to then post your blog posts on their sites or blogs. Which in return gives you a link on their site or page that they have you on.
7. Interviews. Interviewing people and posting it on your blog is an excellent way to market it. Just be sure that the people that you interview pertain to the market of your blog. You want all of your posts to be relevant, including any interviews that you might do.
8. Contests are another way that you effectively market your blog. Having contests on various things would be a lot of fun, and something that will keep your readers coming back. Everyone loves to win things, and you can also make the prize that you are giving away relevant to the market you are promoting on your blog.
9. Quality Content. The quality content is something that you will need for your blog, you also want to ensure that it is original content as well. You can market a blog with something that is copied and that you do not own the rights.
Plagiarism will get you in trouble with Google as well as the person that originally wrote the content. Be sure that all of your posts are ones that only you own the rights too. This is a great thing to know and do when you are marketing your blog.
10. Press releases are also an excellent way to market your blog. Sending out a press release or having one made for you is a great idea. You will find that they are even affordable for most budgets, and some companies offer a package deal.
11. Comments on a blog are also a very important aspect of blog marketing. You will want to be sure that you always answer and acknowledge the comments that are made to your blog as well as others. When you show that you are an actual person that can hold a conversation, you are showing others that you are real and that you really and truly have the best intentions for your blog. Make sure that no comment goes unanswered.
Marketing a blog comes naturally for some and can be a little harder to focus on for others. Another important thing that you will want to do for your blog is to be sure that you find links. Exchange links, get one-way links and ask for more and more links. You will never have enough links to your blog. The more links the better in this case.
Blog marketing is not hard to do. Just be sure that you follow all of the proven and tried techniques that successful bloggers and marketers are talking about and you won’t go wrong. Just don’t give up and keep on marketing.