There are many ways and methods to get inbound links. from the beginning methods to the advanced methods, the ones you should use when your site is a little bit older and you’re already getting a fair amount of visitors.
Here are 5 effective tips on how to get inbound links.
An important detail: don’t start promoting your site until it has some content – it’s unlikely that you’ll get good results when you promote an empty site!
1. Directory submissions – this is a very important step for a new site because this is probably how search engines will first find you. What you will need:
* 5 different versions (except for the site URL) for each of the following: site URL, title, description, list of keywords.
* An email address, specially created for directory submissions. This email should be on the domain of the site you are submitting or else it will be rejected by some directories.
* a list of SEO-friendly directories
Take that directory list, visit each directory and submit your site cycling your titles and description on each submission. This is the hardest part mainly because of the amount of workload.
2. Reciprocal links (link exchanges) – Link exchanges used to be a very powerful method at the beginning of Google and PageRank, but not anymore. This doesn’t mean that reciprocal links don’t work anymore, it’s just that they’re not that important anymore.
However, this is one step you could follow when you have little competition, somewhere in the range of 300 000 or 400 000 results for your search word or phrase.
3. Submitting articles to article directories – this is a very popular method of obtaining backlinks: it requires little time, it’s free and you can (possibly) get a lot of backlinks.
Writing articles gives you perfect control over the environment your links are in and even a little control over the site where your article resides (because webmasters usually post only articles that have the same topic as their site).
Writing articles of high quality will ensure that your articles will be posted on many sites – a good article will get you a good number of backlinks!
One last thing about article writing: never post the article that you’ll distribute on your site! Considering the article could appear on very important sites, Google may apply a duplicate content filter on your site, thus possibly burring it in the SERPs.
4. Buying links – Attention! if you are not an expert in search engine optimization you should not try buying links to improve your rankings. There are a lot of factors you need to know when looking to buy links: the theme of the site, the traffic that the page or site gets, whether that traffic is from natural and sustained (not from PPC, traffic exchanges,), PR, anchor text and many more!
However, if you decide on buying text links on other sites, do the following:
* choose well-established sites that have the same theme (niche) as yours.
* The link should be spiderable: check the robots.txt file, nofollow metatags, and the rel=”no follow” link attribute.
* make the link look as different as possible from a bought link: surround it with text and avoid placement in the site’s footer or an “Advertisements” or “Partners” box.
5. Link baiting is one of the most powerful methods of online promotion, but this should be used only when your site is a little bit older and stable – getting a lot of links in a short time can hurt your site.
There are a few hooks that you can use to attract links:
* news: get an important story first and you could be the focus of your industry sector, even if for only a few hours! People are always on the look-out for fresh stuff, and if it’s good you could end up with a lot of backlinks.
* resource: gathering a list of useful pages in your industry, or maybe offering a new viewpoint on a certain research paper.
Make your research and you will find more methods and tips to get inbound links. Test them out and decide what works best for your website.
FREE TRAINING REVEALS:
“How To Pocket DAILY Internet Commissions Starting As Quickly As THIS WEEK!”