Artificial Intelligence, or simply AI, is the intelligence exhibited by the machines. The machines will become capable of working and reacting like humans.
The researchers are trying to create AI with the ability to perform almost every perceptive task. It’s the future of the internet and business.
The individuals with an interest in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, can opt for a career in this technology. With the scope of this technology expanding every day, the demand for machine learning engineers, machine learning researchers, and AI Developers are also going to increase and career opportunities.
It has started to become a part of our daily life and holds the capability to change our life by its day to day services. There are several major sectors that have already started the use of AI like healthcare, automobiles, language processing, mobile apps, etc.
Many big companies like Microsoft, Amazon, Facebook, Apple have identified the value of this technology and are planning to invest more and more to advance their machine learning technologies.
Here are the benefits for the business and our lives.
1. Problem Solving: This is the most basic and effective application of AI, where it can be used to solve critical and complex problems, just like human beings.
2. Medical Science: In medical science, AI is used to create virtual personal healthcare assistants that can perform research and analytics. Healthcare bots are also being developed to provide customer support and assistance, 24/7.
3. Data Analytics: AI can be applied to improve data analytics, evolve algorithms faster with the transactional data and deliver new data insights, thus improving business processes.
4. Aerospace Industry: Almost every activity performed to manage air transportation is based on Artificial Intelligence techniques. There is numerous software used in air transportation activities, most of which are using AI.
5. Video Games: With the evolution of AI, video games have advanced by providing gaming bots who can act and play like real players and you can get the game started without waiting for other players to play with you.
6. The AI technology can also be used in hundreds of other applications such as speech recognition, image processing, vision systems, handwriting recognition, etc.
In spite of all its advantages and applications, it is also a major concern that AI can be a potential threat to the existence of human beings. Intelligent systems if went in the wrong hands can act as a major source of destruction.
Where autonomous vehicles can be a major perk of this technology, autonomous weapons can be a potential threat. However, with proper care and control, we can use this technology in a positive way and can use it to shape the future of mankind.
Artificial Intelligence and Mobile App Development
Today we can take up the artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques and embed them into a typical app experience so that the users can enjoy smarter applications.
The evolution of Artificial intelligence in apps is also compared to the earlier days of the Internet which was started with static web pages before the arrival of browser-based tools.
Today there are several enterprises across the globe and the data scientists have been trying to provide value to the developer groups that are trying to make advanced software to meet the business objectives. The goal was to build a collaborative community.
Natural Language Understanding (NLU):
For most of the design experts, artificial intelligence starts up with the natural language understanding (NLU) where the smartphones and other devices can receive direct input.
Google Now and Apple’s Siri are some of the best examples and there are many more applications like that. Recently a development firm tried to build a cloud-based server and it promised to allow anyone with basic programming knowledge to create NLU interfaces; that too in more than 20 languages.
The fact is that the mobile application developers had a very limited exposure for conversational computing and natural language understanding. Previously, NLU was treated as an expensive solution with just a few companies knowing to write such applications.
But experts say that even wider apps could benefit from artificial intelligence; it may be retail apps which tell merchants about the kind of shoes or dresses the people want to buy.
Artificial Intelligence certainly can’t be seen as a small thing when it comes to the development of smarter applications and hence the developers are still behind AI which has been giving them great results.
Artificial Intelligence will change the internet, the business, and our lives. The Future is Now!